Hello! I made this True Friendship canvas (My first mixed media in canvas) for my BFF Charlotte on her birthday. Happy Birthday BFF! I love you.
This is also an entry for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #13 - A Year of Choices.
My choice for the challenge is MMM #3 - Stencils and Paste.
Below are the steps on how I made my project.
1. Brush gesso on canvas, let dry.
2. Tear book paper page, adhere into the canvas using glue.
3. Stencil stars and swirls with modeling paste.
4. Gesso canvas and let dry.
5. Adhere abaca mat to make more texture.
6. Cut heart and adhere.
7. Finger paint background, use different colors.
8. Put stencil flowers with modeling paste.
9. Meanwhile, stamp sentiment on a white cardstock, color cardstock with blue gel crayons then punch some butterflies.
This is my quote.
9. Paint stems and leaves.
10. Add quote.
12. Adhere butterflies.
13. Paint more stems using brown paint.
14. Spread some glass bead glitter gel.
Thanks for looking. Hope you like it.
Supplies: Maries White Gesso, Stencils, Modeling Paste, Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel, HBW Poster Paints, Clear Glue, Abaca Mat, Butterfly Puncher, Tim Holtz Stamps, Rub-Ons