Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Just Be Happy


Hello! So excited to post this! This is now my favorite journal page so far. See the colors, see the flowers and the bicycle... ahhh... I love bright colors! And I love biking!

This page is an entry for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #13 - A Year of Choices. My choice is MMMC #4 - Photo Inspiration
and for Take an Art Journaling Challenge with Mou, June 2015. The challenge is choose an inspiration piece and choose a journal.  

This is my inspiration photo.

This is the journal page I always use. File folder cut into 7"x9".

Below is how I made my "Just Be Happy" art journal page. I so love this page, hope you will love it too.
1. Gesso page.

2. Sketch the inspiration photo.

3. Color using gel crayons and water. Mix black and white to make gray.

4. I made my own bricks stencil. Mix blue paint and modeling paste and spread with the stencil into the page.

5. Use plastic knife for the texture of the bricks.

6. Add some white paint stain.

7. Add some red paint stains. Stamp vines and color in green and yellow. Finger paint for the yellow flowers. If you notice the rectangular white stain (right) into the door, cut a paper in rectangle, put paint into the edges and stamp. I just love the technique, I can use this in my future journal pages.

8. Add color into the bicycle and adhere into the page. Inspired by the color of my bike. (Bicyle is a die-cut foam I bought). 

9. Add quote.

Thanks for looking.

Supplies used: File Folder, Lyra Gel Crayons, Pencil, Maries Gesso, Speedball Modeling Paste, HBW Poster Paints, Die-cut Foam Bicycle, Rub Ons, DIY Bricks Stencil

5 comments:

  1. Awesome journal page, love the colors and that bike is FAB!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun project. I love the bicycle. Thanks for joining the Mixed Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page! love how you picked that photo for inspiration. it looks lovely! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great art journal page! Love the bright colors you chose! Thanks for helping us celebrate with this month's challenge!
    www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete