Hello! My daughter Kath will graduate as Cum Laude on May 28, 2015 at the University of Santo Tomas, College of Business Tourism and Hospitality Management.
I am the happiest, luckiest mother of all :). I am so proud of her and I love her so much. And for that I made her this art journal page. For you, Kath.
For my page:
1. Cut a file folder into 7"x9", DIY gesso page and color background into gold gel crayons and brush with water.
2. Tear book paper page and adhere.
3. Add color brown gel crayons and brush with water.
4. Distress book paper with brown oil pastels and brush gesso again to lighten up the color.
5. Draw flowers using white crayon and spray page in light green. (Just trying some background coloring ideas, but it doesn't show much with the white crayon)
(DIY Ink spray: Light Green color pen + water)
6. Adhere photo (and that's my beautiful daughter).
7. Draw wings and add DIY Stencil flower + DIY gesso.
8. For the flowers, color cardstock in orange and red gel crayons, brush with water, let dry. Stamp flowers and cut and adhere. Adhere beads into the center of the flower and spread glass bead glitter gel into the petals.
9, Draw and color leaves and stems.
10. Draw outline to the photo and wings.
11. Add some gesso dots.
12. For the final touch, paint edges in white acrylic paint.
Page entry for
Thanks for looking.
Supplies: File Folder, DIY Gesso, DIY Stencil, Lyra Gel Crayons, Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Hero Arts Cling Flower Stamp, Pentel Oil Pastel, White Acrylic Paint, Mill Hill Beads