Hello! This tag I made is an entry for Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 - July
Here in the Philippines July 4 is a Philippine Republic Day, also known a Filipino-American Friendship Day is a commemoration in the Philippines held annually on July 4. It was formerly an official holiday designated as Independence Day, celebrating Philippine Independence from the United States of America in 1946.
For my tag, I was inspire to do stars with the color of American flag, which is also the same color with our Philippine flag. And I was also inspire with the quote in which Filipinos are making their own way.
Below is the steps on how I made my tag.
1. Cut tag from a file folder.
2. Stencil stars and swirls with modeling paste and wait to dry.
3. In a piece of file folder, adhere tissue paper to make texture, once dry stamp stars.
4. Cover tag with book paper page and and paint white gel crayon.
5. Stamp text and then color using red, white and blue gel crayons.
6. Hand paint background using cream, yellow, black, gray and brown gel crayon.
7. Splash white gesso + water.
8. Paint stars with white gesso.
9. Adhere stars and spread glitters.
10. Adhere quote/sentiment. Put ribbon and charms.
11. For the final step, stamp more sentiment into the background.
Thanks for looking. Hope you like.
Supplies: Twistable Soft Crayon, Lyra Gel Crayons, Black and Brown Ink Pad, Tim Holtz Stamp, From Fiskar Lil Davis Design Noted Stamps (Star), Maries Gesso, Glitters, Ribbon, DMC Thread, Charm, Stencil and Speedball Modeling Paste