Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Come Rain Come Shine


Hello! This is my third art journal entry for The Mixed Media Challenge #11 - April Showers. Create something having to do with rain. This could be umbrella, rain boots, rainbow, etc. 



For my project, Cut 6"x6" white cardstock, glue book paper page and brush with gesso. Draw a curve line for the hill. Color the background golden brown and green (for the hill) using gel crayons. Stamp plants into the background.


For the clouds, this is actually my first time to use thick homemade gesso + silver paint, done with a cloud stencil that I found in a ruler. Not bad for a first timer, and I so love the outcome! :) and brush pink paint on the lower part of the clouds. Draw hearts and lines for the rain, I used water color pencils for the heart and silver paint for the rain.


For my chubby cute bear, I named him Rein (my son's nickname), draw and color bear using watercolour pencils. Cut and outline and adhere to the background. Add some rainwater using silver paint. Add sentiment. Stencil some lines with silver paint.

Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Supplies: Lyra Gel Crayons, Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils, HBW Silver Paint, Homemade Gesso, Cloud Stencil, Leaf/Plant Stamp, Rub-ons.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're on a roll! What cute little guy sitting in the rain. Thanks for joining us again this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and colorful! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete